I have two Hitachi box and 2 new ESX hosts . I need to do the zoning for ESX hosts in the brocade switch so that I can enable the host access to Hitachi Luns.
- Note down the HBA details of ESX host
- Hosts need to be connected to the FC switch
- Log in to the FC switch with Admin access.
- Select the port where the Host HBA will be connected and set speed to 8 G .
- Hit on the Device details and note down the WWN Names.
- Browse to Zone Admin Tab . Create a new Alias for Host connectors ( here its four. 0A,0B,0C and 0D) and ESX host HBA cards.
- WWN numbers are automatically fetched when the Controller or hosts are connected.Total Alias created: (2 X1) + (1X 4) + (1X4) = 10
- Browse to Zone tab and create new zones for Host access for Hitachi Array 1 and Array 2.Total zone : 2 X 2 =4
- Browse to Zone configuration , select the existing zone configuration file
- Add the all the zones
- Click on save configuration.