- It is used to redirect the ESXi Host logs to Vcenter server.
- Sys log server is normally installed on a vCenter server.
- Machine that connects to the vCenter Server through the vSphere Client must have an IPv4 address for the Syslog Collector service to work.
- Install the Syslog application from vSphere installation Media .
- Know the retention policy
- Check if firewall port 514 is not blocked in vCenter server
Following steps can be used to configure the sys log server
- Enable the sys log service in all the ESX hosts in the cluster.
ESX Host => configuration =>security Profile =>firewall=>Syslog (hit the check box)
- Set the sys log path for each host in the cluster
ESX Host =>Advanced Settings =>Syslog=>global=>syslog.global.loghost
Set to tcp://vcenterip:514
- Connect to ESXi Host and restart the syslog service.
esxcli system syslog reload
- Configured settings can be found at